International End User — Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to StarTech.com End Users. Effective March 28, 2012
For StarTech.com registered resellers, please see Registered Reseller Terms and Conditions.
Payment and Processing
- Payment can be made via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express).
- All shipping, customs and duties (where applicable) must be paid by the customer. All costs will be confirmed prior to the order being processed.
- Orders will be processed in 48 hours if there is stock
- Only North American power adaptors will be supplied; other adaptors will need to be sourced separately by the customer.
- All sales are final.
Fulfillment Fee (Drop shipment fee)
- No additional fulfillment fee for orders shipped directly to end-users
Minimum Order Size (Handling Fee)
- All orders under $100 are subject to a $10 handling fee unless order is submitted online.
- Orders will ship only with confirmation that the TT transfer has been received.
- Only complete orders will be shipped. A Customer Service Representative will supply an expected ship date at the time the order is processed.
- All orders will be shipped from the United States; FOB Groveport, Ohio.
- All orders go DDU; customers are responsible for all shipping, customs and duties taxes and wire transfer fees.
- Approved carriers are UPS, FedEx and DHL.
Web Orders and Availability
- 72 hr. turn around from time of order submission
- StarTech.com orders generate an automatic confirmation e-mail. The receipt of this confirmation means that we have received your order, but does not constitute an offer to sell. Our pricing, product description or specifications are subject to change after any confirmation e-mail, but prior to shipment, due to errors, changing market conditions, product discontinuation or unavailability, typographical errors, or any other reason. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether.
- You will be notified of any corrections or changes to your order, and we will not complete the order until we have your approval. Published prices do not include shipping and sales tax.
Website Pricing and Specifications
- Prices, and details, of products and services (and any offers) posted online are subject to change without notice. All products and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee in this regard. Because of the changing nature of the computer market, and because of the technical differences in the equipment of our customers, product descriptions and specifications may not reflect current technical information, and we are not responsible for photographic differences in product size, shape and color.
- $50 charge per refused shipment unless the refusal is based on a StarTech.com error or damaged shipment
- StarTech.com may not accept liability for shipments claimed as shortage where customer/end-user has not signed for number of cartons received (signing for number of skids or pallets is not acceptable)
- Shipments signed as subject to carton count after delivery are also unacceptable
- Shipping discrepancies, including short shipment requests, are required to be submitted within 30 days of receipt, for investigation. Shipping discrepancies submitted over 30 days will be investigated at the discretion of StarTech.com.
- In case of external (visible) carton damage, customers should refuse the damaged carton(s) and clearly note the refusal on the carrier delivery receipt
- StarTech.com's customer service should be notified within 48 hours of the refusal
- Claims for external (visible carton damage) may not be honoured when not refused by the customer/end-user at time of receipt
- All claims for concealed product damage or shortage must be reported to StarTech.com's customer service within 48 hours of receipt
- Claims made after 48 hours from receipt date may not be honoured
- Customer/end-use should make the product and packaging available for carrier inspection if requested
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days from issuance. StarTech.com reserves the right to authorize product returns beyond 30 days from the issuance date, where applicable.
- Credit on account will be issued toward future purchases only. No cash refunds will be issued.
- Stock Rotation is honored to a maximum of 90 days from the invoice date, and only if the product is in re-sellable condition.
- All credits from RMA’s expire one year after the issue date.
- RMA's will not be processed for overdue accounts.
- Replacement on defective products only, customer will be required to pay shipping, customs duties and taxes for the replacement.
- RMA and technical support is available via email only.
- For any International return, that is a return from a country outside of North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, the Netherlands and Italy, the customer is responsible for all return shipping and duties costs.
Valuation of Returns
- Lesser of purchase price or current price at time product is received by StarTech.com
- A 25% restocking fee may apply
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded upon return of the product.
Freight Charges for DOA, StarTech.com Errors or Concealed Damage (All other Return Types)
- StarTech.com will only accept collect returns shipped using an approved shipper
- Ground shipping label issued by StarTech.com customer service
- StarTech.com accepts the following forms of payment:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
Product Warranty Policy
For product warranty information, please see our StarTech.com Warranty Policy page.
Use of Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and other Protected Names and Symbols
- This website may make reference to trademarks, registered trademarks, and other protected names and/or symbols of third-party companies not related in any way to StarTech.com. Where they occur these references are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent an endorsement of a product or service by StarTech.com, or an endorsement of the product(s) to which this website applies by the third-party company in question. Regardless of any direct acknowledgement elsewhere in the body of this document, StarTech.com hereby acknowledges that all trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, and other protected names and/or symbols contained in this website and related documents are the property of their respective holders.
- HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Note: All values are stated in US currency.